Modular Armoured Cabin
- ModularArmoured Cabin (MAC).
- These include the Modular Armoured Cabin (MAC), custom-designedfor the high and extreme mobility MAN HX and SX ranges. The MAC kit consists ofexternal mountable armoured modules. In accordance with STANAG 4569, itprovides protection against ballistic threats up to level 2 and mine threats upto level 2a, including AP DM31. An optional weapon station is also availablefor the armoured cab.
- Integrated Armoured Cabin (IAC)
- MAN’s Integrated Armoured Cabin (IAC) takes safety tothe next level. Also available for the SX ranges, it provides protectionagainst ballistic threats up to level 3/3b.
Modular Armored Cabin
Equipped for tough service.
- Nowadays the threats which arise are of a new quality. It is thus even more important than ever to protect crews on missions to resolve and stabilise conﬂict situations.
- MAN has developed crew protection systems to meet the different requirements: The Modular Armoured Cabin (MAC) is offered for the high- and extreme-mobility MAN HX and SX ranges. The Integrated Armour Cabin (IAC) with higher protection levels is also available for both the HX and SX range.
Protection at level 2/2a.
- The MAC kit consists of external mountable armoured modules and provides protection in accordance with STANAG 4569 against ballistic threats up to level 2 and mine threat up to level 2a including AP DM31.
- As an option the cab can be equipped with different weapons stations.
Qualiﬁed for deployment.
- Extensive tests and trials for qualiﬁcation of the MAC have been successfully completed.
Ballistic and mine qualiﬁcation
- - Armour material environment test followed by ballistic testing according to the protection level speciﬁed
- - Veriﬁcation of ballistic performance on fully equipped vehicles
- - Mine blast detonation underneath and besides armoured truck
- Full-range automotive functionality tests with armoured modules installed.
- Verﬁcation of system integration concerning speciﬁ ed climate conditions.
- Fatigue testing of armoured cab.
Easy and rapid assembly.
- The modular structure of the MAC protective kit permits the rapid assembly of the armoured modules in the depots or in the ﬁ eld. The MAC kit can be assembled or removed within several hours. The spatial conditions and the ergonomics in the cab are unaffected by attachment of the modules.
MAC technical details.
- Adaptive Solution
- Interchangeable between all HX variants
- Interchangeable between all SX variants
- Weight: approx. 1,400 kg
- Geometry: relevant cab envelope for rail/air transport maintained with armoured modules installed, hardtop removed
- Assembly/disassembly: several hours subject to conditions and equipment
- Handling: Packaging of modules suitable for sea transport and forklift, modules storable in 20" ISO container
- Hardtop removable, door securing devices, cab-tilting with armoured modules installed
- Rated for a service life of at least 20 years
- 1.5 m fording depth
- Feature: machine-gun mount
- Options: ring mount or weapons station